As you may know, there are several platforms, not only Salesforce.com platform, where your clients could store and manage important data. One of the many database systems, where the data can be stored, is H2 Java Database.
So, what would you do if your client decide to use Salesforce.com instead and would like to migrate his data in Salesforce.com? You will ask the client to provide you database files and one of the best choice is to export the data from H2 Java Database, convert them into the CSV file, and thenafter import them easily into the Salesforce.com via Salesforce Data Loader.
To do so we found that SQuirreL SQL Client a Universal SQL Client is a good tool to work with. Here is step-by-step walkthrough manual how to open and export data from H2 Java Database via the SquirrelSQL:
- Install SquirrelSQL http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ look for Download and Installation. Download installation and run java -jar squirrel-sql-<version>-install.jar. When installing check appropriate plugins and drivers e.g. SQuirreL DB Copy Plugin and
- Download h2-<version>.jar or mysql-connector-java-<version>.jar
- Go to “drivers list”, where everything is red by default.
- Select “H2” driver, and specify the full path to “h2-1.3.173.jar” (for example) in “Extra Class Path”. The H2 driver should display a blue check in the list.
- Go to “Aliases”, then click on “+” for H2 :
- configure your JDBC chain, for example copy/paste the jdbc chain you obtain when you launch H2:
- IF YOU HAVE H2 database files it would be for example “jdbc:h2:~/Documents/Projects/CassaCloud Projects/Clients H2 Java Database/data/db/main” where ~ is your home directory
- Connect to database
- Fill in login credentials if any (User and Password) and click on the Connect button
- Go to the SQL tab and run the SQL query upon desired table (click on the Running Guy icon)
- To save the result : Session>Scripts>Store Results of SQL in file
- Chose the destination where you would like to save the file. Here you can also choose the name of your exported file.
- Choose an Export CSV File radio button
- Set the comma as Column Separator
- As the Charset choose UTF-8
- Finally click OK